We spent an afternoon all about Facebook Live today and want to share with YOU what we’ve come up with for tips, trick and more!
- strategy and purpose for the live broadcast
- gather your audience during your introduction
- promote that you’re going live in advance
- end your broadcast with a call to action — what do you want people to do?
- think about where you are, background sounds and lighting
- give shout outs to your location if you’re filming at a business other than yours
- keep it professional and on brand
- don’t be afraid to rehearse what you’re going to say before going live
- decide in advance if you’re going to engage with your audience comments throughout the broadcast or wait til the end (except with Q&A’s)
- think of the camera angle, using a selfie stick or having someone hold on to it for you
- get too wrapped up in the broadcast: it’s live and the world will be able to see it
- talk for too long.. your audience only has a certain attention span
- ramble or babble – be clear and to the point in your message
- post without a description telling the audience what your video is all about (in case they can’t watch it)
- facebook live in the semi-nude or nude
This is what we’ve come up with… have anything to add? We’d love to increase the tips!